Sunday 15 February 2009

A Stitch in TIme.....

Stitching has become all the rage and it does look rather splendid on paper projects. I have a sewing machine but have yet to get it out, so far all my stitching has been done by hand. This example is no exception, I thought about using the machine but then decided that I wanted something a little more funky.


My stitching dilemma was caused by the challenge set by the lovely Adele on Dottie's World today: "A Stitch in time". Adele wanted to see some stitching on our projects.


I had to use my absolute favourite download collection from Louise Brigden (available here) and my brand new Copic Sketch markers.
I experimented with the colouring here and not too sure if that contour shading works too well, but I enjoyed it IMMENSELY!
The card is meant to be for a teenager, the tape measure is marked on the '1' and '6', the intention there being to symbolise a 16th birthday.

Bo Bunny paper from the Flirty range (available here). I used some K&Co rub-ons and the new Cut 'n Paste ephemera, which I totally love.

I also used my Nestability dies plus a Cuttlebug embossing folder and Distress Inks. Pop over to Dottie's World and see the glorious examples from the other DT members :-)


TFL xxx

11 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

Thats gorgeous love the stitching effect and the gorgeous papers. Your colouring looks just great too!

Adele said...

Oh I love this Karen, so fun and colourful-just perfect. The scattered nestie shapes are brilliant as is the fibre/wool that you have sewn on with.

hugs Dingle.xx

Nicola said...

Wonderful Karen,you always have so much to look at in your cards,they are amazing.
Nicola.x

Happy Crafter said...

Fabulous card Karen:)
Val xxx

Bagladee said...

I love the detail in this card....great work x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very beautiful card!
I love the detail

Juliet said...

Love all the detail on your cards Karen, and this is no exception. A beautiful masterpiece as usual!
Juliet xx

Calvin mouse .. said...

erm yeah , i really like your card Karen . The stitching is really cool and urmm yeah i like really love all those colours too .errrr i was just like , wondering if your any good at taking curtains up ? cos urmmm mine need doing and err well maddy is usesless at it , im a papercrafter as you know Karen so im not that good at all either -- so yeah .. fab card Karen and urmm if you like ever passing .. bring your thread eh ?

love
calvin mouse
superstar and papercrafter.

Louly said...

ROFL @ Calvin Mouse! Oh He does make me laugh. It looks like you'll have toget your sewing machine out after all Karen!
I love this card so so much! I HAVE to have one of those funky tape measures. I think your colouring is brilliant, I especially like the shading around the image.
I would love some nesties but I keep telling myself I can't when I have a perfectly good Silhoutte to do the same shapes, so missis! Why do you have both? Is it worth the investment?

Holly Young said...

Well I think you did a fantastic job for being new at copics! Wonderful card for a teen too! Have you checked out any of the digital images at squigglefly.com? They have a lot of cute ones too.

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Fabulous card. Love it. Will need to get my mitts on these new downloads I think. Hugs, Lainy xxx