Thursday 19 February 2009

Basic Grey Challenge - Hearts

I don't do much crafting, limiting myself really only to the one DT card for Dottie's World every Sunday, so I thought I would make myself craft more, especially now I've spent the equivalent of two months' mortgage money on my Copic Sketch pens!! I never have time to craft, well doing these challenges should MAKE me take that time, whether I have it or now; lets see if it works out like that LOL

The challenge on the Basic Grey Challenge blog was "Hearts": "it can be any size and any quantity of hearts you wish, and also not forgetting to use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creation". As Valentine has been and gone I didn't want to make this too lovey dovey.



I cut the heart on my Silhouette and used the cut-out separately. The pop-out flowers are also cut on the Silhouette. Rachel Miller image coloured in with my new Copics. Basic Grey Blush paper for the main card, then Basic Grey Ambrosia paper for the flowers and Basic Grey Urban Couture ribbon (striped). Plus the brads are all Basic Grey too.



Thanks for visiting my little corner of the web :-)

xx

10 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

You definately MOST definately have to craft more especially as your creations are absolutely stunning! This card is a joy to behold (hark at me getting all poetical...lol) X

Joey said...

Hiya Karen, this is gorgeous, love the image, but the heart flower is absolutely beautiful love it. joey.x

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a beautiful card!! The flower is gorgeous, what a wonderful creation! I agree on the Copics. That's probably why I don't own any. Thanks for playing at Basic Grey Challenges this week!

Anne H. said...

WOW - your card is fantastic!
Beautiful colors and I love the pop-out-flowers in the heart!
Anne -:)

Paula's ponderings said...

Karen!! 2 WHOLE sets of 72??? lol Ive got 19 plus a blender!! I have some catch up to do!! Yes I blame Miss M too, but forgive her anything!!! wow...thats 144 (took a while but I got there...lol)

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Karen, the flowers on the heart look great!
Clairex

Heather said...

Gorgeous - I love the flowers set on the heart - they are stunning!!
Such a beautifully coloured cute image.
Thanks for joining us - hugs Heather xx

Louly said...

Oh yes indeedy missis! This is a stunner!I love the way you've made the flowers funky with the contrasing paper flowers in the middle. And your Copic work is tops!! Well worth the money chuck. ♥♥♥

Juliet said...

Fabulous card Karen - love the way you created those flowers. Make sure you keep this crafting up cos you're soooooo good!
Juliet xx

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous card and fantastic papers ♥ Beautifully stamped and coloured image, looks stunning in the heart! Great creation Karen love the heart flowers Stunning!!!
Thanks for joining us this week with the Basic Grey Challenge, HuGs Kim :D