Monday 16 February 2009

Grungy Birthday....

I have always been an earthy kinda gal and so happy that the grungy, shabby chic look is now in fashion. Grungy and shabby to me doesn't imply old and tattered, it's earthy colours, distressed edges and lots of Tim Holtz inks ;-)

So I used some of the gorgeous papers from Basic Grey on this birthday card I made for Nicola, DT member on Dottie's World - this card has to double up as my Monday Mojo submission on DW as I am so short on time these days.

Image is Madison 3-in-1 from the Holly & Madison Downloads, coloured in with my new Copics'. Papers are from various Basic Grey collections: Color Me Silly, Mellow and Ambrosia.

The swirl is a plain Rusty Pickle chipboard swirl that I coloured in two coordinate with Madison's clothing. K&Co Cut 'n Paste border.

Bazzil flowers, Woodware Pearls, Hot Off The Press Brads, H&Co "Hooray" chipboard.



TFL
xxx

5 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

Thats is lovely she will be well happy with that. Happy Birthday to Nicola! I bought the H & M downloads yesterday, just wish I had more time to play!

Emily said...

a lovely card!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card, so bright and cheerful.
Thank you for joining in our first challenge.

~ Shell (copics colour challenge Team)

Karen Mortensen said...

Thanks Shell but this one is not my Copic Challenge entry. That is the one a little further down, entitled "Copic Challenge #1" :-)

Calv said...

What a great card Karen, i love your colouring, i have a real think for bright blues like on the jeans there.

Always lots of colour in your makes, lovely to look at. :)