The lovely Juliet set the challenge on Dottie's World this week: "inspired by Becky's card this week I realised that you wouldn't HAVE to have the Christmas downloads to make a Christmas card with Dottie & George and that is the challenge - a Christmas card, tag, Christmas tree ornament - anything goes as long as it is Christmassy. It's that simple!"
I decided to work with the new Imaginisce Snowy Jo products as well as the Christmas Downloads. This concertina card was a bit of a labour of love but I love the result. This is a large substantial card and would serve as a lovely Christmas ornament on the mantelpiece (over 50cm wide when opened). I made one such card ages ago for the site using the K&Co Berry Sweet range, you can see instructions here.
Front of card when folded (below)
Card Open (below).
The journalling area on the second section from the left is all ready for the senders personal Christmas message. I haven't written anything as I don't know who I am giving this one too ;o)
View of the back of the card (below)
All the background paper on all sections, front and back, has been embossed although it may not show so well here in the pictures.
Pockets and tags were cut on my Quickutz Silhouette using Imaginisce Snowy Jo "Tinsel to the Top" paper. It does look much better IRL I assure you.
- Images from the Dottie and George Christmas Download Bundle: Angle Dottie, Christmas Tree, Garland
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Swiss Dots"
- The following from the Imaginisce Snowy Jo range: "Tinsel to the top" paper, small Crystal Snow Flowers, Large glitter and "Santa" epoxy brads, Tinsel Tag Sticker
- Plain Blue cardstock is Basic Grey Blitzen. I also used Blitzen fibres on the tags
- We R Memory Keepers Silver eyelets set with my Crop-a-dile
- Snow writer (snow on the top of the card)
- American Crafts Polka Dot Satin Ribbon
- Liberal use of Glossy Accents
The trees forming a border at the bottom of all section were cut from the leftover bits of the "Tinsel to the top" paper.
I had made a large scalloped square on the Silhouette when I cut the pockets and tags for the concertina card above so decided to make another quickie card to use it (waste not want not!!).
Products used for this one:
- Santa George Download
- Imaginisce Snowy Jo "Tinsel to the Top" paper (got a lot out of one sheet of paper, eh?!)
- Basic Grey Blitzen Cranberry Cardstock
- Blue Bazzill Bling Cardstock
- Sparkling blue thread for sewing
- Imaginisce Snowy Jo Large glitter Brads and Tra la la la la rub-on (Merry Christmas)
- Red and Gold Dovecraft Christmas brads
- Presents are from the K&CO Adhesive Chipboard pack and the "Jingle" is from the K&CO Peppermint Twist Die-cut pack.
- American Crafts ribbon as before
- Glistening snow writer on Santa George's Beard, coat and hat.