Sunday 31 May 2009

Charmed Digi Challenge

Well it's not really Dottie's World anymore, it is shared by the many other characters that makes up the Charmed digi stamps :-) My turn to set the challenge today and this is it:

The challenge is simply "Coffee and Cream with spots or stripes" - and a Charmed download of course.

I have lots of spots and stripes on my card and the colours are of course coffee & cream. The digi-stamp used here is Puddle Love from the Dottie & George Love & Marriage collection. I think this is such a special image, just delightful; I absolutely love it and never tire of using it.



A liberal use of Glossy Accents on the puddle and umbrella provided a nice "wet look" just perfect for this image.




This is roughly what I used to make this card:

  • Digi Stamp: Puddle LOve from the Dottie & George Love & Marriage collection
  • Papers: Brown textured cardstock. Pixie Press paper (leftover from our sale)
  • Embellishments: K&Co Ancestry rhinestones. Petaloo Flowers and flower centre. K&Co buttons and lettering (Life's Journey). Cream cotton lace
  • Tools & Misc: Nestabilities, McGill Pine Punch, Glossy Accents, Distress Inks
I coloured the image using Copic markers.


Lots of inspiration on Dottie's World today as we have no less than FOUR new design team members starting. Please pop over and take a look.

TFL ♥

17 comments:

Adele said...

Oh Karen, I so enjoyed this challenge.- the colours were so lovely to work with. Thank you.

Your card is sunning as ever, love the subtle tones and the detail.

Thanks

Dingle.xx

Tara said...

Stunning card Karen and the image looks amazing, especially the puddle! The addition of the lace border is the perfect touch - fabulous! xx

Kim x said...

A beautiful card Karen! And thank you for a great challenge for me to end with.
Kim x

Louly said...

Wowee Karen, that's just stunning - your cards always are.
I love the flower detail, it fits perfectly.

Jackie said...

Superb card, the colours are so beautiful :)
Jackie xx

Juliet said...

It's simply perfection Karen! One of my favourite images too.
Juliet xx

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This card is absolutly. I love it.

Sheila said...

Simply gorgeous Karen..I too love this cute image it's fab!!, I love very detail of this card it's just gorgeous!!.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Gunn (Merete) said...

This card are really great. I love the stamp. When I se the other stamps used, I have to admitt that I want them all. So they are on my shoppinglist thats for sure. The heart shape made the card for me, together with these colors.
Thanks for a great challenge. :-D

Nicole Bailey said...

Your card is beautiful! I LOVE all the layers and the little details! Just beautiful!

Nora said...

I adore browns & this is SO PRETTY!

maddy hill said...

karen that card is just gorgeous ! i love the colours and the image is actually one of my favs ! i love how you have put a nestie heart around it and the gems and the buttons ... just delightful !

maddy

Jane Wetzel said...

so sweet...I love this image and your coloring is fantastic!

PinksyDoodles said...

I love this card it is beautiful. Gorgeous colours - love those hearts and the pretty buttons.
Clare x

Stressed Stamper said...

Fab card Karen - totally love it..
Hugs

Sarah

Nicki said...

This is adorable Karen! love it
Nicki
x

Jenny V. said...

This is so Vintage looking. I love it!!!! Those colors are so amazing.
TFS

Jenny