Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Copic Sketch Challenge

Well here it is, my first DT card for the Copic Challenge blog! I've never been on a design team outside Charmed Cards & Crafts, nor have I ever sent anything in for submission, whether a competition or magazine, so this is really quite alien to me but also quite exciting, and may I say, perhaps a little scary.

The challenge this time was a sketch and of course we had to use Copic Markers.

I used K&Co Cut 'n Paste papers and elements, plus other K&Co products from the Margo and Wild Saffron collection for this card. I absolutely adore the colours from the Cut 'n Paste range, such mellow, soft hues.

I wasn't sure if I preferred the one with the bow, or without, so I am showing them both here. The image is "Juliet" from the Girls About Town download bundle (download button in the right-hand panel).

...with bow:

without bow:
I really love this card, I would even go as far as to say it's my all time favourite.I can't tell you how many pictures I have taken for the blog though, I just couldn't get the colour right!! You can see what a difference a little lighting can make in the next two pictures, one is perhaps a little too light, the other a little too dark.


These circles represent the three square elements on the sketch (in case you were wondering where the heck they were!).


... and here are the Copics' I used to colour my image.

Pop over to the Copic Challenge blog and see what delights the other design team members have created, then have a go yourself. We look forward to seeing your makes.

Thanks for visiting my little corner on the Web xxx

12 comments:

Paula said...

I love this card Karen!! I think I prefer without the bow myself.

Shell said...

I think I prefer the bow too. I am now stuck drooling on the last pic though, with your bundled up copics.....lol

Shell

Juliet said...

It's the bow for me too Karen. I love this card - could just sit and look at all the beautiful detail for ages! Gorgeous!!
Juliet xx

Michele said...

WOW gorgeous card. Love the image and the yummy papers. Michele x

Louly said...

Ooh Karen I can see why you're so happy with it, it's stunning! You've made me crave chocolate now though!!

Adele said...

Gorgeous, the detail is amazing and I think every time I see it, I notice something more...Hubby on the other hand focused on the cake!! YUM

love Dingle.xx

Chrissy D said...

Karen, This card is DELIGHTFUL! All of the different elements are FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing your work.

lakind said...

I really like this card, too, Karen! There's so much to look at and drool over (I'm talking about the chocolate, of course!)! I was nervous too this first time around. This is fun, isn't it?

kim-paperbabe said...

Gorgeous card, love all the details and you've coloured Louly's digi print beautifully, lovely colours! Think I prefer without the bow! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog... & just to say I have just one set of copics sketch markers, 72D I got from ebay! The only extra's I got was the colourless and a black. HuGs Kim x

Holly said...

This is way too cute!!!!!!! I love all the different stickers and the cute girl with all her shopping bags.

Dawn said...

I adore this card, I was blurging and found ya! This card is awesome. I did not enter for your blog candy, and it's awesome. I don't enter blog candy unless I always go to it! But, I may just have to come back to this one...it's got some great stuff!

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.