Sunday 22 February 2009

Blast from the Past

The challenge on Dottie's World is "A Blast from the Past" whereby you take an old card and "update it" on a new card. The exact specs were: "I want you to dust off one of your old cards and make a new one following the exact same layout but use different papers and a different image." I found this quite hard as I didn't particularly like my earlier work, but a challenge is a challenge so here we go.

This is the new card





which is a based on this old Christmas card.





The gorgeous Madison Cowgirl image can be yours just by entering the challenge, so what are you waiting for? :-


Copics used for my Cowgirl image is: B21, B23, B24, R20, E00, E02, E33, E43, E51, E38, E37, YO2, YO6, Y15, Y17, G12, G14, G16. The pop-up flowers and frames were cut on my Silhouette. Basic grey Mellow papers, various Basic Grey buttons.


xxx

5 comments:

Trace Dee said...

lovely card karen. i just love the new images of holly and madison. i think i will have to enter this one.

love

tracey

Juliet said...

Love this new image and your card is fabulous! Really like the buttons especially.
Juliet xx

Adele said...

Oh wow, yes, the buttons looks fab and the colours are wonderful-so rich and warming.

Love it!

hugs Dingle.xx

Louly said...

Well Karen the original was one of my all time favourites of yours and this one's even better! So you can guess how much I like it! IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!♥♥♥♥♥

Nicky said...

Great cards I love them both, Great use of buttons I never think to use them