Sunday 11 February 2007

For Heavens Sake!!

There I was, sitting in the garden enjoying looking at the birds in the trees - there are many that visits regularly and I am getting to know them individually which is so cool. There was a brief interlude between rain clouds and the sun was actually shining, so I made the most of it. I even spied a woodpecker, which is the first time ever I have seen one outside Denmark!! Quite amazing that it found its way into London (not that it had journeyed from Denmark of course, but it is normally native to woodland and not a city bird)! It was pecking on a branch like mad, trying to attract a partner perhaps. After a few of it's very distinctive, and loud, cries it unfortunately flew away. Quite uplifted my spirits seeing it though.

So there I sat basking in the wonderment of seeing the woodpecker - picture the moment if you can. My eyes casually wandered to the left, and there they were!! Couldn't get away from them! My neighbours tiny Y-fronts! Now I am sorry but if you hang out your husbands' smalls surely you would keep them below fence level and not fly them like the proverbial flag for all to see??? This washing line is hoisted up on a tall pole so that it hangs about 15 foot in the air - high enough for the entire neighbourhood to see several pairs of dark blue y-fronts and sometimes a pair of US stars and stripes boxers!! NASTY!!!

This is not an isolated incidence you understand, it has been going on for months and months, YEARS! Come rain or shine, winter or summer, there they are!! Now this guy is almost 70 and I am very sorry but I have no wish to see where he packs his meat and teo veg! I get on with them really well but this really IS taking it too far and is an extreme invasion into my peace of mind! It's giving me nightmares!! Brrrrrrrrrrr..................
You have to see it to really appreciate how ghastly it is! Imagine having a summer BBQ and enjoying a friendly conversations with your chums Your eyes gaze slightly to the left and THERE THEY ALWAYS ARE!!! There's just no getting away from them. In my dreams I am chased by several pairs of navy y-fronts and a pair of US stars and stripes boxers!!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

How funny! I love seeing my washing on the line and getting wafts of freshness as the breeze lifts them. Can't say I fancy seeing neighbours underpants though......LOL......