Sunday 15 August 2010

Favourites...

This week on our digi blog our lovely Gunn set a fab challenge: to showcase your favourite Charmed download. Tough one this one as I love so many of them. One of my favourite collections are the "Girls about town" and I love the Pixie collections for their sheer versatility, I also love the new Once Upon a Time collection and and and... the list goes on. The image I used on my card this week has to be one of my favourites from the Pixie collection but not THE favourite as I love them all!! I am giving one of these collections to one lucky person so pop back tomorrow.


I used papers from the Fancy Pants Daily Grind paper pad for both my background and two corners.

I drew a circle with large dots on the background with a marker then swirled in each with a white Inkssentials pen. With the same pen a whimsical doodled border was created The two flowers are one K&Co Blossomwood die-cut cardstock flower cut in half. They are actually delicately glittered , although that doesn't show well here.


I created a frame using Flower Soft. I mixed the colours myself and glued them onto a green frame. After inserting my image, which I coloured with Copics, I stuck it onto brown cardstock distressed with a paper distresser to roughen edges, then onto my card.

The floral swirl below uses a K&Co Blossomwood die-cut as the base, then a Prima crystal swirl and blue Prima pearls.

The corners were Prima The Goods cardboard shapes onto which I stuck the Fancy Pants paper and inked with brown distress ink.

The "dream" ticket is Tim Holtz.



When my daughter (aged 13) saw this card she said that I always use muted earthy colours, and it's true. I get out all my pads of papers and always end up choosing the same type of colours. I love the vintage look and most of my cards unintentionally seem to veer towards that these days.

Thanks for visiting. Have a lovely day ♥

9 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Karen
A beautiful card,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Jac’s Playground said...

Adorable card Karen I love the flowersoft frame, actually love the whole card! and you do vintage so well as a style, its one I really struggle with! lol xx

Gunn (Merete) said...

Hello Karen.
This is so beautiful, and dreamer is one of the sweetest. As you, to find a favorite isn`t easy because there are so many great ones.
I love what you done with the flower soft, and I always love your colors on your cards. You have a great vinage look, and that is what is so fab with your cards.
I really love your style.
Wish you a great week.
Hugs Gunn :-)

CraftyC said...

This is totally gorgeous, gorgeous image and the flowersoft is stunning!
Clairexxx

scrappinlil said...

This is so beautiful..love the digi! TFS

pinky said...

Wow its gorgeous Karen, the flowersoft frame really adds to the ambience of the card. I love the fairies too but my fav is still Mikey lol.
Pinky

Auntie Em said...

The flowersoft is so pretty all mixed together! Great card!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Susie said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful colours. Susie x

Bobbi said...

I love the colors on this card. The flower soft frame is great.