Thursday 16 July 2009

School's Out For Summer

Tomorrow is the last day at school for most of the children, at least here in London. DD2 has not been at school all this week as she has been very poorly but we are hoping she might be able to go tomorrow as it's a very short day. Because I didn't expect her to be able to go I hadn't made a card so it was panic stations this evening as you can imagine. It's been so long since I did any crafting I found it quite tough to get going!






The girl is meant to look like my dd but she ended up a little older looking. I also made her dark haired as I thought it would look nicer with the colours I chose, so it's dd2 with a wig on LOL

Image: My own drawing coloured with Copic markers. For some reason a had a few smears this time, don't know why.
Papers and elements: Basic Grey Lemonade
Pencil and numbers are some I used to sell but haven't got anymore (useful I know)
Pearls are K&Co.

Thanks for looking ♥

Oh, don't forget to enter the Copic candy! Not many entries this time, last time we had about 800! These are FREE Copic markers! Worth about £160! ;-)

19 comments:

Tindaloo said...

amazing drawing! so lovely card :)

Susie Sugar said...

What a beautiful creations, l love the images and colours you have used are simply stunning so is the detail
Hugs Susie xx

PinksyDoodles said...

This is a amazing Karen.
Clare x

Louly said...

That's gorgeous Karen, it reminds me a bit of Annie holding her rose. I'm so gladd DD is feeling better - great news!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a beautiful card! I love your coloring! Especially the black hair - something I struggle with ;)
TFS :*)
Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Sarah C said...

Wow Karen, you have a talent there. This is an amazing drawing. Love the colours and the card you've made with it.

I hope DD2's feeling better and was able to go to her last day of school xx

June Nelson said...

Like wow Karen...thats your own drawing, so when are they comin out at Charmed!! fabulous, thanks for visiting me blog darlin huggies June xxx

Nicole Bailey said...

omg Karen! How pretty....did you free hand the image....wow! Im very impressed!

Sharon Noble said...

Stunning card and if that is the effect copic gives WOW oh wow wonderful.

Unknown said...

Sweet card Karen! Love your drawing! Kind of reminds me of Bella from Twilight...I think it's the apple! You are an amazing artist!
So glad I get to work with you all this month!
Hugs,
True :)

Micki said...

Awesome card but your drawing just blows me away. Awesome!!!!

Bev said...

Gulp, just seen this now Karen, it's absolutely stunning. If I could colour half as good as this with my Copics I would be thrilled to bits x

Jo said...

Karen, you are so talented, I wish I could draw like this!! I love it.
Jo x

Claireabelle said...

Wow, fab card! I cant believe you drew that image yourself! I wish I could draw like that LOL
x

Ruby said...

Hi Karen. Thanks for popping by my blog, it was great to hear from you. I haven't been blogging quite as much recently, the time just seems to be whizzing by. I've been on the DT for Corrosive Challenge Blog so I've been posting for that, but not much else. We are going to Ally Pally in September, do you ever go there? It would be great to meet up with you :o) What a fantastic drawing!! How talented are you?!! I can't draw to save my life so I'm always in awe of those that can!! x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow karen, this is such a fabulous card, im loving this image, how cool is that!!! hugs Linda x

Nicole said...

WOWSERS that is one amazing card! Artistry at it's best!!!! We go to school from mid-august to Memorial Day! You guys sure are in school for a long time!

Thanks for sharing your talent!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Hope all is good :)
I like seeing your creations!

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is an amazing card. Your drawing are fantastic. I really don`t know what to say other than : I TOTALLY LOVE IT.