Sunday 26 October 2008

Spotty Dottie

I only ever seem to post on here when it is about the Dottie's World Challenges. One day I will find some extra hours somewhere (I think I put some up in the loft last Christmas(!!!)) and perhaps craft something else!

This week it was my turn to set the challenge, and this is what I came up with:

SPOTTY DOTTIE
I want to see SPOTS. It doesn't have to be Dottie, you can of course use any of the downloads.


Well my mojo has gone into hiding and I just can't find it. I ended up doing two cards, one "Spotty George" and one "Spotty Dottie".




The download image here is George on his ladder hanging up Christmas decorations from the Christmas Collection. I also used the following: Basic Grey Blitzen Sugar Plum paper, Red Bazzill, K&Co Chipboard sentiment, K&Co candy cane (Inked), Blue velvet ribbon, large copper eyelets from my crop-a-dile kit. The eyelets were set using my Big Bite as it needed to reach further in on the card. Elements were inked using Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress ink.





This download is Bathtime Dottie from the Dottie at Home collection. I also used: Pink Dots Cardstock, Green Dots Cardstock, various Tim Holtz Distress inks, Yellow Mulberry paper, Polka Dot Daisies, Jewel Brads, Glossy Accent, K&Co Just Jinger Duck tag.


I have to admit that I just tried to jam as much spotty stuff on that second card as I could, I was much more restrained on the George card.

Everything from both these cards can be found on the Charmed Cards & Crafts website.

xxx

8 comments:

Juliet said...

Love them both Karen, but especially the Bathtime Dottie and the K&Co duck is just perfect! Superb work as ever!
Juliet xx

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Love them both - but especially the bathtime Dottie card! That duck is just so cute and the perfect finishing touch! Gorgeous colours!

But of course I love George too! Love the woolly pully you've given him!

Ruth xx

Adele said...

Oh goodness, they look so touchy feely....great rich warm colours too. I love them both.

Love Dingle.xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow amazing, I love the George one the lacing of the ribbon looks fantastic. x

Nicola said...

Oh no Karen!,its not fair you can make those cards when your mojo's gone wonders!! Mine has too this week,but my card doesnt look anywhere near as fantastic as yours!!!These are just brilliant!!!
Love the lacing up on the Goerge card.xx

Sarah C said...

I'm agreeing with Nicola here in that it's not fair that these are your mojo lost cards. Mine aren't that good with my mojo.

Anyway, I absolutely love these. The George one is a brilliant idea. Might have to dig my noisey setter out to try that unless you need a new home for your big bite? No, I didn't think so either LOL xxx

Louly said...

Cor! Two stunners Karen! I don't believe you about your mojo, it looks well and truly present to me.
You have a great imagination, I think it's a brilliant idea to use George on the ladders tying those fabulous laces.

Sammi said...

Karen!! Great challenge!! Great cards! I LOVE them!! Love the colours and you have brilliant ideas :)
Sammi
xxx